The QEMA plug-in card is designed for the Loop-AM3440-B/C and O9550. The QEMA card provides user selectable A-law or mu-law coding.
The QEMA card requires an external cable to support 4-RJ45 ports for connecting to PBX tie lines, carrier facilities, or 4-wire modems. Each RJ45 port has 8 pins supporting the following signaling and transmission pairs: E/M, SG/SB, T/R, and T1/R1.
The card can configure different types, A/B side and 2/4 wire options by jump location. Users can utilize additional jumpers enclosed in the package for Type I, II, III, IV, V and TO (Transmit Only) signaling options. The Type TO provides dedicated 4-wire transmit and receive paths to lease-line modem equipment. There are choices of two side: Using A side mode, the card can operate as switching equipment. Using B side mode, the card can operate as channel equipment. There are 3 diagnostic functions supported: off hook test, loopback test, and LED display bit for signaling monitoring. Moreover, users could have LEDs provide channel setting and channel status indicators.
The jumper version QEMA card has to work with AM3440 controller firmware v8.30.01 or up to support:
- (a) 0.1dB step gain adjustment
- (b) software configurable signaling bits
- (c) trunk condition setting
- (d) diagnostic functions
(e) side/wire/signaling/power display
- Five E&M signaling types are supported: Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV, and Type V
- Jumpers selectable for Type I, II, III, IV, V or Tx only
- TO (Transmit Only) supported
- A-side and B-side supported: A-side is exchange side; B-side is carrier side
- User programmable A-law or mu-law coding
- User programmable loss adjustment
- User programmable balance 600/900 ohm impedance
- CAS signaling convention
- Jumper selectable: 2/4 WIRE, A/B SIDE
- Support diagnostic functions, including:
- off hook test
- loopback test
- LED display bit for signaling monitoring