8GESW is a high-speed card for the O9400R and O9500R series, and is specifically designed to transport Ethernet services over SDH/SONET networks (EoS). Customer LAN bridging types supported by 8GESW include EPL (E-line mode), EVPL (Virtual E-line mode), and EPLAN (E-LAN mode). Bridged traffic is encapsulated in SDH/SONET frames via framing protocols (GFP-F, LAPS, or BCP) and Virtual Concatenation (VCAT).
8GESW supports eight Gigabit Ethernet ports and a range of standard L2 switch functions, including VLAN, Q-in-Q, MAC learning, MSTP/RSTP, CoS and QoS, and etc.
An 8GESW’s total bandwidth for SDH/SONET transportation is either STM-4/OC-12 (8GES4SWA) or STM-16/OC-48* (8GES16SWA). Dual 8GESW cards can be mounted simultaneously to achieve card-level protection. Working card failure will trigger protection switch to the backup card without any traffic interruption. SDH/SONET paths can also be protected by SNCP/UPSR ring protection scheme.
- High-speed (HS) interface card for O9400R and O9500R
- Hot-pluggable and software configurable
- Eight GbE LAN ports
- Four SFP optical ports with ALS
- Four electrical ports
- LED indicators for port and card status
- Jumbo Frame up to 9600 bytes
- Ethernet over SDH/SONET (EoS) technology
- Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and VCG
- GFP (G.7041)
- BCP Layer 2 (RFC2615)
- LCAS (G.7042) or non-LCAS
- Ethernet Virtual Circuit (EVC) service types
- 4 EPL
- 8 EVPL via Q-in-Q
- E-LAN via max.1024 VLANs and 48 VCGs
- Layer 2 switch
- MAC Learning
- MSTP, RSTP
- Link Aggregation(Trunking)
- IGMP Snooping
- CoS or DSCP for priority mapping
- Per-port 2-rate-3-color or 1-rate-3-color
- 8 queues per port
- Strict Priority or WRR for queue scheduling
- 622Mb/s or 2.5Gb/s* backplane
*Only available for use with O9400R-CCPA and O9500R-CCPA models.