Loop-ISS2180 is a NFV - (Network Function Virtualization) based information security solution.
NFV is transforming the development and management of communication services. Loop's
proposal of information security solution is a truly open network virtualization suite, providing powerful
orchestration, virtual hosting management, and automation tools. The NFV function of ISS2180 is the
pioneer technology structure of cloud and virtualization around the world. Because of NFV, Loop-ISS2180
can leverage the computing capability and low-cost Intel x86 White Box servers with versatile
features integrated such as SD-WAN, firewall, Docker container, KVM, OpenStack, and NFV MANO.
The conventional way of protecting a network is to install a firewall at the entry point.
Network administrators used to trust everything and everyone inside the network protected by
a firewall. Nowadays, malware can easily bypass any entry-point firewall and get inside the
network through an infected USB stick or an employee’s compromised personal device
connected to the corporate network. Network administrators can no longer inherently trust
internal users and devices. In response to this highly complex environment, Loop Information
security solution integrated with FortiGate virtual appliance firewall have become robust
multifunctional devices that counter an array of threats to your network.
Intel x86 platform White Box, high proficiency and cost-effective servers, are adopted
by Loop-ISS2180 information security solution. Virtual cloud operation system would be in
charge of the delivery and fabrication of VNF (Virtual Network Function), operates and manages
the cooperation of hardware resources' functions--calculation, network, and storage--as
well as the life cycle of VNF. Through the management center with stationed professional
personnel, the virtual firewall of remote offices, system setting and analyzing, log data
analysis, secure encryption, and update can all be monitored.
Loop provides high quality Network Server Hardware/ Network Appliance for network
security applications. Currently Loop supplies customers with two main network servers
for flexible on-demand deployment of NFVs according to network scale: 1U and 2U
The feature of 1U server includes:
- Intel® Denverton C3000 Platform
- Intel Atom C3758 (8-core) SoC
- 9 GbE Copper (2-pair bypass), 1 SFP and 4 SFP+
- 1 NIM/1 PCIe x8 Exp. Slot, 2 USB 3.2 Gen1
- 3x 2.5”SATA3 drive bay
- 1+1 Redundant PSU
The feature of 2U server includes:
- Intel® C627/C622 Platform
- 2 x Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- 24 x RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4-2666/2400
- 8 x Exp. NIM (1G/10G/25G/40G,Fiber/Copper/LAN Bypass)
- 1 x Management port
- 2 x 10G Fiber (SFP+)
- 4 x 2.5” SATA-III Hot-swappable / 2 x U.2 NVMe Hot-swappable
- 1+1 Redundant Platinum PSU (800W)
ADVA Ensemble Suite
Ensemble suite enables users to benefit from the cloud by replacing closed appliances with
their choice of software hosted anywhere in the network and with open hardware. Ensemble
includes six components for NFVI, NFV Management and Orchestration (MANO).
- Ensemble Connector: a high performance network virtualization platform available for hosting multi-vendor VNFs
- Ensemble Orchestrator: an ETSI MANO-compliant NFV orchestration platform providing end-to-end network service and VNF lifecycle management
- Ensemble Director: provides traditional resource management and transport service management for physical and virtual network elements
- Ensemble Controller: a set of networking applications delivered on open SDN frameworks
- Ensemble Analytics: leverages big data technologies that provides actionable intelligence for service orchestration and assurance
- Ensemble Network Hypervisor: abstracts and virtualizes the transport network for integration into a MANO/XOS management paradigm
FortiGate Firewall Virtual Appliance
FortiGate virtual appliances allow you to mitigate blind spots by implementing critical security controls within your virtual infrastructure.
They also allow you to rapidly provision security infrastructure whenever and wherever it is needed. Moreover, FortiGate virtual appliances
feature all of the security and networking services common to traditional hardware-based FortiGate appliances. With the addition of virtual
appliances from Fortinet, you can deploy a mix of hardware and virtual appliances, operating together and managed from a common centralized
management platform.Using the advanced FortiOS™ operating system, FortiGate appliances effectively neutralize a wide range of security threats
facing your virtualized environment. Whether deployed at the edge as a front-line defense, or deep within the virtual infrastructure for inter-zone
security, FortiGate appliances protect your infrastructure with some of the most effective security available today by enabling security features you need.
FortiGate virtual appliances offer protection from a broad array of threats, with support for all of the security and networking services offered by the FortiOS